Trimble is proud to announce that PipeDesigner® 3D release 2013 version 3 is now shipping! Join us for our “What’s New” webinars where we will discuss and demonstrate the new features of this release. To register for one of the webinars, please visit HERE.
Below is an overview of the new features and enhancements to this release.
- Hanger Field Point wizard - Hanger Points can now be automatically generated based on parameters you define. Multiple rules can be defined for hanger spacing, customization of layer type, elevation, and single or double hangers, vertical runs, and hanger symbol.
- 3D Hanger block wizard - This feature allows you to add hanger blocks to specific hanger points in your drawing. These blocks are included in your field point export.
- AutoBid Mechanical routeline import - The PipeDesigner 3D software now allows you to import centerline of pipe and branches created in the AutoBid® Mechanical software (On-Screen View TakeOff and Graphical View TakeOff).
- Note – This feature will be available in Release 2013 v1 of AutoBid Mechanical in On-Screen View TakeOff, Graphical View TakeOff, and Audit Trail View TakeOff (under the File menu).
- BOM data is now stored in AutoCAD’s properties - You are now able to view the Tag for BOM attributes in the Part Query and AutoCAD’s properties window. These were previously only viewable after the BOM was created.
- Field point tooltips - When you hover your mouse over a point, information pertaining to the point displays on-screen. These settings are available under AutoCAD Options / PipeDesigner 3D General.
- New annotation options - When you hover your mouse over a point, information pertaining to the point displays on-screen. These settings are available under AutoCAD Options / PipeDesigner 3D General.
- Pipe "healing" if a cut-in fitting is deleted
- Field Point improvements
- IFC improvements
- Insulation improvements
- Price codes are carried through to CAD
- Editing a mark in the BOM table now updates the balloon